With the support of Baylor University, we are excited to announce the establishment of the Baylor Rugby Endowment Fund. This fund will be managed as part of the University Endowment and will be managed by the Office of Investments. Virtually all of the top rugby programs in the country operate and excel due to a large, perpetual endowment fund, that funds player development, club expenses, travel expenses, and coaching expenses. This is an important first step towards that goal.
This is a great opportunity to reach beyond the Rugby Family and further legitimize the request to raise funds for the club. Also with donations being made directly to Baylor University, everyone can feel comfortable that there is 100% oversight and compliance with all donations given and managed.
What are the Benefits?
- The fund will be managed by Baylor University.
- The fund is perpetual.
- 5% per year of the total fund amount will be distributed directly to the Baylor University Rugby Football Club.
- All donations are 100% tax deductible
What are we funding?
- Permanent home on Baylor University Campus, including a clubhouse and multiple playing and practice fields.
Immediate Action Needed!
All endowments go active once reaching a level of $50,000. The initial deposit from the Baylor Rugby Association is approximately $22,000. We need help closing the gap! Please help by donating today!
About the Baylor Endowment Fund:
The Office of Investments is responsible for managing Baylor’s Endowment and other long-term investments of the University. The $1.31 billion Endowment portfolio supports the affordability and quality of a Baylor education today and for generations to come. $67.1 million was distributed from the Endowment to the University over fiscal year 2018 in support of scholarships, professorships and mission related activities of the University.
Learn more: https://www.baylor.edu/investments/
- More than 7,500 companies offer matching gift programs to their employees.
- Some companies will double or even triple gifts made by their employees.
What is a Matching Gift?
Every time you make a gift to the Baylor Rugby Alumni, your money could be matched, doubled, even tripled by your employer if the company participates in a matching gift program.
Alumni and friends of Baylor Rugby have a great opportunity to enhance their giving through corporate supported matching gifts programs. Your support will provide opportunities for the student-athletes and enhance our rugby programs, and all this can be done effortlessly by simply filling out a matching gifts form for your employer. Just think of the impact your gift will have on Baylor Rugby when multiplied.
What Do I Need to Do to Get Started?
Matching a gift to the Baylor Rugby Association only takes three easy steps:
- Contact your human resources department to see if they offer a matching gift program to see if your company will match your gift.
- Obtain a matching gift form from your human resources department.
- Complete the form and send it in with your next gift to the Baylor Rugby Association.
It’s that easy! Not only can you match often, but you also can maximize your gift potential.